This blog is really just about what I find to be the most awesome thing in the whole world: MUSIC
Share the same interest? Then you will like this blog :)

Music isn't something you hear, it's something you feel. I like music because songs say what I can't.

onsdag den 16. maj 2012

Hall Of Fame: GERARD WAY


 >>Gerard Arthur Way (born April 9, 1977) is an American musician and comic book writer who has served as lead vocalist and co-founder of the band My Chemical Romance since its formation in 2001. He is also the writer of the Eisner Award-winning comic book The Umbrella Academy.<<

 The 35 year old singer/writer has inspired many people in their lives, including me. When I listen to his texts I feel special. Sometimes I feel like I’m being taken on a journey or being told a story, and other times I feel like I’ve finally found some words to describe my thoughts and emotions. I don’t really know how to explain that well, but have you ever listened to a song and felt like it could have been written for you? I sometimes feel like that when I listen to Gerard’s texts.


 There is especially one song I relate to: ‘Helena’. It is about his beloved grandmother who passed away, and how he’s waiting to meet her again. My grandmother passed away a little over six years ago. It was right around Christmas and her and my grandfather’s anniversary. I still think of her a lot, and sometimes it’s like I can feel her. I’ve never really been superstitious and believed in ghosts and spirits, but I think that my grandmother is with me most of the time. It’s a good feeling, and I like to believe that, yes, I will meet again someday.

XOXO Emily <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar